Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Civil Disobedience 4/02

"But, to speak practically and as a citizen, unlike those who call themselves no-government men,(4) I ask for, not at once no government, but at once a better government. Let every man make known what kind of government would command his respect, and that will be one step toward obtaining it."

-Civil Disobedience Part 1 of 3, Paragraph 3

While I can see the benefits of having the government, govern less, I do not believe this is the answer. The government has power and I believe it is a good balance. however it does need to change how it uses that power. I feel the government is seen as this looming force of negativity that people both hate and fear. While this can be a positive in some aspects it loses the respect of the people as a consequence. I do not believe that the positives are enough to out way that negative impact. I believe the government's first step would be to take more of an in-depth look at the decisions they make and the affects that they cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment